COVID-19: Important information for our families
Important information for our donors and supporters
Generous donations from donors like you support the ongoing clinical care for children and families from across BC and Yukon.
Our non-clinical teams are taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of our community. All of our volunteer shifts have been suspended, and teams like finance, human resources, communications, and fundraising, will work remotely to ensure the safety of our medical staff, community, and especially the children and families in our care.
Thank you for your patience as we enter a new way of working remotely; please be patient with our timeliness in responding to your important voice messages and gift receipts. We are working hard to maintain the levels of service and responsiveness we always promise.
Canuck Place Virtual Office
Our Granville Office is closed to the public with only essential staff working in shifts; however, we are here to support your needs.
- If you know the direct line or email of the individual you’re trying to reach, please contact them directly, we are online and accessing voice mail regularly.
- You can call us at 604.731.4847 during regular business hours and your call will be directed. If you don’t know the email address of your Canuck Place contact, we can provide it when you call.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will similarly be re-directed for prompt reply.
Your health matters to us. Here are links to key & timely information regarding COVID-19.
Our Medical Director, Dr. Hal Siden, is working with colleagues across the health care system to regularly review and update resources. Here are the direct links to updates to the BC Centre for Disease Control and from Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Ministry of Health:
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Government of BC COVID-19 response
thank you for buildig courage in our families
Because of you and your loyal support Canuck Place will be here for children and families today and in the difficult times ahead. We are thinking of you and your families and wishing you resilience through this unprecedented time.
Denise Praill, Chief Executive Officer, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice